25 April, 2011

Easter

What a weekend.  We cancelled all of my lot coming over for dinner as I was knackered.  This is on a Thursday btw.  Cancelled everyone and then I kept on at Himself to ring his ma and da and get us invited to theirs for Easter Sunday  He eventually rang them on Easter SATURDAY only to find out they were away for the weekend.  Have you any idea how hard it is to track down the makings of a nice Easter dinner the day before you need it?  Well, let me tell you, it's impossible.  Shops shut early for once and we were left lamb-less.  Sigh.
Then a cake I made, then remade, came apart on it's way to it's party.  Utter bloody disaster.  I still don't fully understand why but it did.  Full refund back to customer and a shitload of stress for me.  As I don't fully know how he fell apart I don't know how to stop it happening again.  I definitely know that tall cakes should not be over-driven to their final destination and that heat and fondant still hate each other.  What's a real pisser about the whole thing is that the cake was brilliant.  You can see so from the photo. Aaagh.
Raced home from Market on Saturday leaving Himself in charge.  Complete with my frilly/flowery apron.  The boy did good though and people loved him.  I finally got to hang out with the people on my estate and help set up the easter egg hunt (I hid eggs!) and then the kids were let loose.  They were mental.  I had no idea there were so many kids living around here.  Tonnes of 'em.  Poor #1 took part in a three legged race and got pulled ALONG THE GROUND, bouncing all the way, the length of the course.  It was so funny.  #3 was disgusted to find the egg and spoon race was actually an egg and potato race.  He'd been hoping to race with one of the mutant eggs I bought at the market. 
What else?  Oh yeah, CAROL HAD A BABY GIRL.  TEN POUNDS SIX OUNCES.  ORLA.  Can you tell I'm excited  I'm also feeling a little hard done by.  She promised me a 
god-daughter but instead gave me the beautiful Ciaran.  Harumph, if she had've said she was going again I would have gambled and passed on my boychild.  
No.  I wouldn't.  Honestly.  Seriously!!!y
Kids had a mini easter hunt around house yesterday.  #2 still believes in the Easter Bunny which caught me on the hop.  He is so innocent it's lovely.  They had their Easter Egg Hunt.  They ate lots of eggs.  I fell back asleep.  Was woken by a kick to the arse, thankfully I didn't start giving out as it was Himself with breakfast for me.  Mmmmm, rasher and egg bagel and a cup of cha.  Ate that, read some of my book then zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.  Woke up, thought about getting out of bed and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Half Three!!!!!!  That's when I eventually hauled myself out of my pit.  3.30pm!!! 15.30hrs.  Bloody hell.  I was shatttered.  Went back to bed at 8.30 and slept till 7am this morning.  The mad thing is . .  I'm still yawning.  I get sleepy when I'm stressed.  Work is stressing me  Himself was stressing me.  Carol was stressing me (I was scared for her) and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz  
Actually, today we're going to the in-laws to get the dinner I was hoping for yesterday.  Am bringing laptop so as to upload a of Paddy's cds.  Everytime he lends me one I lose the bloody thing and have to buy him a new sone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment