26 June, 2011

Birthdays

We've had a lot of birthdays here lately.  One of which belonged to #3.  Now, in this house, when it's a birthday we make a big deal out of it.  Lots of balloons etc.

A couple of days after #3's birthday the weather was fab so I thought it would be good to let Max wander around the garden.  But, so as not to lose her, I tied and taped a couple of helium balloons to her back.  Off she went, slowly plodding around the garden, eating weeds and being visible.  Thanks to the balloons.  She can wriggle herself into all sorts of holes and the like so the balloons made it easier to see her.
I went off and did the school run and when I came back I was having a cup of tea in the garden.  No balloons.  Wandered into house, still no balloons hovering at hip height to show me where the bloody tortoise was.
Back out to the garden where we, all 5 of us, stood staring at the sky waiting for Max to go bobbing past gently.  Think 'Up'.
Obviously, she didn't fly away but instead got herself wedged under the barbecue thus nudging balloons off her shell but wouldn't it have been cool to see a tortoise fly across the sky?



No comments:

Post a Comment