02 October, 2011

Upgrade?

I have finally, finally gotten my head around the fact that I am going to Sao Paolo in a couple of weeks.  Eoin and Isabella are getting married and are going to have the wedding in Brazil.  They're getting officially married here on the 17th October but they're going to do it in Brazil too.  Kind've like myself and Himself did way back when, only in reverse.  
So . . have been reading about Sao Paola and wow.  Here's what I now know:

  • Sao Paulo is home to 18 million people. Many of those people are very rich but many more are very poor.  
  • It'saSan Paulo fact that the people love their football - the city has three A division teams!!
  • Sao Paulo is the third largest cities in the world.
  • Brazillians are not knownfor their timliness.
  • Great shopping.
  • Rainforests.
  • One river.  The Amazon.  This contains 20% of all of the fresh water in the world. 
  • Daslu, just don’t plan on walking to Daslu. It’s against the rules to arrive on foot at São Paulo’s most over-the-top shopping emporium. A taxi is one option, though a much chicer option is to arrive by chopper at the rooftop heliport.   Apparently Servants in black-and-white uniforms dole out free espresso, biscotti and sparkling water at bars in the store.  Yup, it's a shop.
Have a list of things I want to do and see.  In 7 days, two of which will be taken up by a, sorry, the wedding.

  • The Museu de Arte de São Paulo (MASP) museum possesses Latin America's most comprehensive collection of Western art. Hovering above a concrete plaza that turns into an antiques fair on Sundays
  • The Beach.  Any one of 'em.
  • Banespa skyscraper, Brazil's version of the Empire State Building.
  • Feira da Liberdade - Sunday Japantown fair
  • Feira da República - Sunday crafts fair
  • Bela Paulista - it's a bakery!!!!!
Am sure there is tonnes more stuff to see but Eoin and his bride to be can show me what they reckon is the best of Brazil.

Fingers crossed I can charm someone in KLM into giving me an upgrade.  Going to be lovely and beg "please please can I have an upgrade first time I've been on a plane in three years, first time in ten years without a boy on my lap please please can I have an upgrade" type thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment