01 January, 2012

Why I hate New Year's Day



Oh pants.  You won't often have me blog about my mam and dad but I miss them.  I hate New Year's Day, despise it because . . .I miss them. I haven't seen my mam in nearly 15 years now and haven't seen my dad in 7 and a half and sometimes it hurts too much. Today, New Year's Day, is the day I find hardest in the year. The first day in another year.  Another year that takes me further away from them.
So, today I have rearranged every picture in the house, cleaned 3 bathrooms, 4 bedrooms, hoovered everything, dusted everything and I'm still heartsore.
This song came on my ipod today, I'd downloaded the new Muppet soundtrack but, even though I've always loved this song, I think it's the first time I've really listened to the lyrics.  Maybe because last night something woke me up and when I closed my eyes I could see my mam and dad and see them laughing and chatting and ... it was nice.

Have you ever been half asleep 
And have you heard voices
I've heard them calling my name
Is this the sweet sound
That calls the young sailors
I think they're one and the same
I've heard it too many times to ignore 
It's something that I'm supposed to be
Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

Lyrics: Williams/Ascher

1 comment: