26 February, 2012

Eoin Peter

I'm a member of a couple of forums and facebook groups.  I never understood it when Himself used to chat to these people, and about them, as if he knew them.  Seriously?? How could you be so wound up in people's lives when you've never met them??
Today, one of the lovely women on my favourite Cake page lost her baby.  Eoin Peter.  He came too early and the world wasn't ready for him and he wasn't ready for the world.  My heart hurts for her.  I've watched over the past year as three of the women got pregnant and I held my breath as two of them went into labour and went on to have healthy baby girls.  It was R's time for us to fuss her and slag her and wind her up about the joys of a new baby.  
We never got the chance.  She never got the chance to be wound up by us either.  I've never met her but I feel I know her.  I know her husband, K. was a divil and wouldn't let her do any housework and that E is a dote.  I know she has a great sense of humour and I know she must be devastated. 
Internet friendships are wonderful.  I love my cake friends.  I wish there was something I could say to ease my friend's pain but there isn't.  There never will be.


No comments:

Post a Comment