20 April, 2011

Don't know if you've been here yet but you definitely should go!

Today we got up and raced to the Botanical Gardens in Glasnevin, Dublin.  Raced because we were told Himself's replacement phone would be here.  Here at 2pm sharp and God forbid if he wasn't here to sign for it.  He was here at 2pm (sharp), shame the feckers didn't turn up til 3.30pm we could've stayed longer in the park.  
I haven't been to the botanical gardens in years.  Definitely not with kids so I'm guessing it's about 11 years or so since I was last there.  Can't for the life of me think why I waited so long to go back.  It was fabulous.  We had a ball.  
Okay, so we had to persuade # 1 to get into the car ("It'll be boring!!!") and the borrowed boy refused to go anywhere without Buzz.  Buzz who was somewhere in the house.  Somewhere.  Found Buzz and coerced #1 into going peacefully by promising to buy a bag of nuts to feed the squirrels you're not allowed to feed.  
One of the things that really struck me about today was how cheap a day out it was.  Firstly, car parking was only €2.00 regardless of how long you stayed in the park and secondly . . . entrance is free!!!!  Yup, gratis.  You also get a free puzzle sheet for the childer which involves you following numbered arrows and answering questions on the sheet.  You have to use your eyes and ears but when you bring the completed sheet back to the nice fella in the big house you get some seeds to plant when you get home.  Sunflowers in this instance.
The boys ran amok.  The borrowed boy really ran amok and bashed everyone he came across which resulted in him sitting on the edge of the path more than once to 'think about the people he was bashing'.  He'd sit and think and then get up and bash someone else  Thankfully it wasn't me so I'm happy enough.
The lads got to go through a rain forest, find all sorts of fruit trees, chase squirrels (bloody squirrels are obviously aware that they must not be fed by humans so legged it every time one of the lads legged it after them.  Mind you, maybe it was the chasing that frightened them off rather than the talking to they get off the park keepers every time they accost a visitor for nuts?!).  We fed ducks, ran, tumbled and then my lovely sis met us with some lovely news.  Also some lovely pics of the nearly newest member of the family.  I am so excited about this new bubba that it kinda freaked me out and I went a bit mentally protective of it.  ????  I don't know either so there's no point glaring at the screen.  All I know is I love this bump and can't wait to meet it properly.  As soon as she eventually collapses under the strain of knowing and blabs to everyone I can tell you what I'm going to be getting to be an auntie too.  
So.  Go to the botanical gardens and have a lovely day.  Don't feed the squirrels as they're not that bothered and instead bring bread for the ducks who are practically tap dancing to get the attention of passers by.  Go and have  a lovely day.  We did.
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment